NREL – The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) provides information regarding community solar:
- Sharing the Sun
- Sharing the Sun gives an in-depth analysis into what community solar is, its benefits, and how you can subscribe to it. This publication offers graphics and numbers to give more evidence into why community solar is helpful.
- Lessons Learned: Community Solar for Municipal Utilities.
- In 2015, the Solar Technical Assistance Team at NREL launched its inaugural technical assistance program for electric utilities with funding from the US Department of Energy SunShot Initiative to look into providing community solar installation onto utility owned companies.
- Community Solar 101
- This publication outlines what exactly is the definition of community solar and why it is important to consumers.
- States with Community Solar Policy Updates and Capacity Growth Potential.
- This publication highlights the states with promising community solar programs solar programs or policies without many interconnected projects.
- Community Involvement for Low or Moderate Income Customers – Modeling the Cost of LMI Community Solar Participation: Preliminary Results.
- This publication looks into incentives needed to drive low and moderate income customers to participate in community solar. The data provided in the publication is information that was used to assess the cost for LMI customers purchasing community solar in each state.